Excel 2016 Weekday Function. In this video, you will learn how to make use of weekday function. Weekday function is used to find the day of a particular date. This function can be used in a variety of ways when tracking the day for the date. While dealing with sales data, analytics data, research data building an attendance sheet oh working with order sheets you will find this function very handy.
The function uses two parameters, first one is mandate which is a serial number needs to be a date. If you pass a string or a text value in this position it may not work as desired. The second parameter is the return type. This will help you to decide when to start your weekday using return type number values. This one is an optional parameter, and hence, if you do not provide anything by default it will start the weekday from Sunday and goes through Saturday.
Microsoft Website Link for Weekday reference: http://bit.ly/2BHo8Dk
This video will also demonstrate IsText and IsNumber functions briefly. Don’t worry about these functions at this time, they will be discussed in more detail and thoroughly explained in the upcoming lessons.
Click on the following button to download the file used in the demo to practice along with us.
By the end of this video, you should be able to use weekday function thoroughly in your Excel projects. In case you get stuck, write your questions below in the comments section and I will be happy to help you.
Excel Learning Series – TOC
- Excel 2016 – Basics – Find Sum, Average, Min and Max
- Excel 2016 Difference Between Formulas and Functions
- Excel 2016 Copy Formulas or Functions
- Microsoft Excel Auto Fill
- Excel 2016 Manage Views using Freeze Panes
- Microsoft Excel – Saving Workbooks
- Excel Upper and Lower Text Functions
- Excel 2016 – Text Function – Proper
- Excel Text Functions – Trim Function
- Excel – Text Function Left Function
- Excel Text Function – Right Function
- Excel Text Functions – MID Function
- Excel Concatenate Text Function
- Excel Nested Functions
- Excel Search Function
- Excel – Calculate Age using Date Function Today
- Calculate Tenure in Excel with Days Function
- Autofill Dates in Excel
- Formatting Dates in Excel
- Excel Date Format Shortcut
- Calculating Sum of Time in Excel
- Calculate Expiry Date in Excel 2016 – EDATE
- Find Age or Tenure using DATEDIF in Excel 2016
- RandBetween – Generate Random Dates in Excel 2016
- Excel Weekday Function
I hope that you’re enjoying learning Excel through this Excel learning series with Syed. I request you to share these videos with anyone who desires to learn Excel from scratch.
Do subscribe to my blog to receive updates about new videos as and when they are added to keep up with Excel Learning.